Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Items of Note

Item #1 - Good news! Eight agents currently have The Water Tower 5.  Are they reading it yet?  I don't know.  But they will at some point, and that's the first step, right?  Followed by representation and world domination.  Simple.  :)

Item #2 - I finished Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes yesterday, and while I enjoyed the heck out of it, I found it really, really, really odd that he chose to have the protagonist on the sidelines for the final confrontation.  In fact, it was all sort of a 'meh' confrontation at that.  Lots of build up to an antagonist not fighting back, which is just odd, right?  This is a bit concerning since reading Dr. Sleep last year and thinking it was a book almost devoid of any real conflict.  I guess I've always just expected more oomph and stakes in a King novel.

Item #3 - Erin Jade Lange's Butter...the more time passes after reading this novel, the more I like it.  Butter is a great character, and Lange is the first author I can think of who has a main character buddying up to jerks and the popular crowd because he needs acceptance.  That's a hard story to tell successfully, but she makes it look easy.  I'm jealous in the best ways possible.

Item #4 - And this is why we all should bow at the awesome altar of Andrew W. Smith--http://nerdybookclub.wordpress.com/2014/06/24/the-significant-burden-of-being-a-grownup-by-andrew-smith/  More on this tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment