Friday, June 20, 2014

Post-Birthday Update

Okay, so I don't have anything important to pass on, but since I have the time, so here I am.

Update:
1.  I spent the last three months doing a hard revision on The Water Tower 5 that cut 13K from the original manuscript and really gets the book moving much faster.  It's also a much better, tighter book.  It's now out to agents so we'll see how that goes.

2. I'm in this weird in-between place where I'm not sure what to work on.  I have sequel ideas for The Water Tower 5, but if that novel doesn't get rep'd or sold, what would be the point in working on a sequel.  At the same time, I could start a new novel that I have the idea for but I don't want to get too far into that and have to stop because: A. an agent wants a rewrite of TW5,  B. I'm told by an agent to start working on the sequel, and/or C. okay, there is no C, but I don't want to go back and change this sentence.

So rather than do either of these, I've decided to revisit Lucky Town, which now that I'm 3 years removed from it, I'm in a much clearer place to really overhaul that novel.  I have some good ideas to make it a stronger novel, and it'll be a fun project.  I still love that story, flaws and all.

3.  Oh and currently five agents have The Water Tower 5, and one has the first fifty pages.  Fingers crossed.  There are queries still out there, so we'll see what happens.

Man, I used the word "so" a lot in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment