Monday, February 23, 2015

News: "Plink" to Appear in Best Horror of the Year, Volume Seven

I got news last week that my short story "Plink" will be appearing in Ellen Datlow's upcoming Best Horror of the Year, Volume Seven.  Needless to say, I'm thrilled.  "Plink" is probably my favorite of my short stories, and I'm happy to know it'll find a larger audience because of its inclusion in this always excellent and highly respected anthology.  What's weird is that The Best Horror of the Year series collects stories printed in the previous year, so when I got the email saying my story had been chosen my first thought was, "Wait, 'Plink' was published?"  I originally sold the story to PS Publishing back in 2010, but I didn't know it had ever been published.  It wasn't until I received my fantastic looking copy of Post Scripts #32 in the mail (after receiving Ellen's email) that I actually had proof.  So it was all sort of backwards-happening, surprising, and also humbling, especially after seeing the table of contents I've pasted below.

The Atlas of Hell                   by Nathan Ballingrud            
Winter Children                     by Angela Slatter                           
A Dweller in Amenty              by Genevieve Valentine         
Outside Heavenly                  by Rio Youers  
Shay Corsham Worsted        by  Garth Nix  
Allocthon                                by  Livia Llewellyn  
Chapter Six                            by Stephen Graham Jones              
This is Not for You                  by Gemma Files                    
Interstate Love Song  (Murder Ballad No. 8)    by CaitlĂ­n R. Kiernan
The Culvert                            by Dale Bailey    
Past Reno                              by Brian Evenson                  
The Coat Off His Back           by Keris McDonald                                                       
The worms crawl in               by Laird Barron                     
The Dog’s Home                    by Alison Littlewood   
Tread Upon the Brittle Shell by Rhoads Brazos        
Persistence of Vision             by Orrin Grey     
It Flows From the Mouth by Robert Shearman         
Wingless Beasts                    by Lucy Taylor            
Departures                             by Carole Johnstone   
Ymir                                        by John Langan   
Plink                                       by Kurt Dinan    
Nigredo                                  by Cody Goodfellow 

No comments:

Post a Comment