Monday, February 2, 2015

Okay, I'm Serious About This Blogging Thing This Time, I Swear!

I’ve made a new goal for myself which is to blog at least twice a week.  This is sort of a cheat entry though in that I’m counting this blog--about my intention to blog more-- as one of my two due this week.  Yeah, like I said, a cheat, but sue me.

What I’m trying to figure out is what I’m going to focus this blog on.  Back before I sold THE WATER TOWER 5, I used this blog to sort of chart that journey.  But now, well, I don’t know.  There’s still a long way to go until WT5 is published--April 2016, baby!--and a lot of work to be done with edits and promotions and whatnot, so maybe I’ll continue explaining that process as it develops.

But also, and this is just a thought I’ve had, maybe I’ll post writing advice.  I don’t see myself as a fountain of knowledge or an expert by any means, but maybe it would be helpful to share some of the things that have worked for me.  I know I still search out articles and blogs on writing looking for tips and tricks and exercises that help me develop.  And book reviews, too.  And interview.  Shit, I guess more of the same, right?  Since that’s what I’ve been writing anyway, or at least was doing sporadically.

I will make this blog semi-interesting with this bit of information--I now have a film agent.   This wasn’t something I expected, it just sort of happened.   My agent passed my novel around to a few novel-to-film agents, and someone at CAA loved it.  Now, the chances of TW5 becoming a film are INCREDIBLY SLIM, but it’s  fun to dream about.  And the fact that someone at CAA, probably the biggest talent agency in the world, wants to try to show my book around is really exciting.  Again, it’s something fun to dream about. 

Okay, enough rambling.  Off to read some articles on book promotion.  No, seriously.  This is the sort of thing I do with my time.  Now you understand why I was shortlisted as People’s Sexiest Man Alive.


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment