Monday, April 20, 2015

The Water Tower Five is No Longer The Water Tower Five

I got word last week that THE WATER TOWER FIVE will be receiving a new title.   I understand some authors get upset when the publisher requests a title change.  For me, I don't really care.  I trust that the Sourcebooks marketing department knows what it's doing, and let's be honest, TWT5 doesn't really tell you what the novel is about.

So what will the title be?  I don't know.  I made some suggestions, most of them terrible, and my editor told me she'd pass them on.  When I hear back, I'll let you know.

Oh, and in researching titles, I found this one:  I AM A GENIUS OF UNSPEAKABLE EVIL AND I WANT TO BE YOUR CLASS PRESIDENT.  How awesome is that?  So awesome that it's the next book I'll be reading.  That's how important a book's title is, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment