Monday, January 11, 2016

DON'T GET CAUGHT Update


It seems like every couple of days I receive and email from my publisher, agent, or blogger about DON'T GET CAUGHT.  Here's a rundown of some of that news:

1. The book sold to a German publisher!
This means that, yes, you'll also be willing to buy the book in German if you're so inclined.  I'm not sure what the cover will look like, but I'm totally hoping there's some sort of weird translation that retitles the novel something really strange.

2. I'll be attending the American Booksellers Association Winter Institute in Denver.


Yes, this will be my first conference, and while there I'll...okay, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to while I'm there.  But my wife is going with me, one of my best friends, Sam W. Anderson, lives there, and the Broncos might be playing to go to the Superbowl, so I'm sure I'll find something to do.  (Best guess--I'll be signing books and making new friends.)


3. I received three very cool blurbs from some of my favorite authors.  Click on their names after their blurb to support them and their awesomeness, please.


"Not only is Don't Get Caught the best kind of underdog story---heartfelt and hilarious---but it's filled with genuine surprises up until the very last page, which features one of my favorite endings in recent memory. I'm highly inspired to prank someone right now." 
- Lance Rubin, author of Denton Little's Deathdate




"When we all least expected it, Kurt Dinan sneaks in, cons the guards and snatches the whole YA jackpot in this witty, charming and always surprising debut.   Call it OCEAN'S 11TH GRADE or whatever you like, DON'T GET CAUGHT snatched my attention and got away clean."
- Joe Schreiber, author of Con Academy and (one of my favorite novels) Au Revior, Crazy European Chick



"Teenage nobody Max "Just Max" Cobb is just my kind of narrator and DON'T GET CAUGHT is just everything I love about young adult fiction. It's funny and awkward and exciting and full of revelations and surprises. And even better it's real. Readers will feel Max's human heartbeat pounding on every page". - Josh Berk, author of The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin

4. I've had some great reviews on Goodreads you can read HERE if you're so inclined.

5.  As much as I hate writing curriculum in my job, I was more than happy to write a curriculum guide for the novel when asked by my publisher.  If you want homework, go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment